Friday, March 25, 2011

The Italian F's.

Me and mine, we're Italophiles.

Meaning, we love all things Italian.  Except maybe, Jersey Shore.

(Hmm... I can't say I don't watch though.) 

For cryin' out loud, we own an Italian restaurant.  And, I'm Irish.  He's German.  Go figure?  But really...

 
I stand to argue it's not about being Italian.  It's about living Italian. 

And by that I mean, centering your life around the following, simple things.  They are (in no particular order):

  • Family
  • Food
  • Fashion
  • Fellini

Each of these categories have subcategories, too.  For instance, close friends are considered family.  (You know who you are!)  Food also stands to include PASTA (fresh or dry).  Fashion is inherent.  D&G.  Versace.  Bulgari.  Fendi.  Prada.  Ya da ya da ya...

And finally, Fellini... a GOD among men!  If you haven't yet watched the classic, La Dolce Vita, you must.  And, La Strada is great, too.

Marcello Mastroianni in La Dolce Vita

Tying things up...

There's so much more to touch on, but the Italian F's are a good place to start.  Before I go though, there's a fifth "F" that comes to mind.  And, I'm somewhat reluctant (seeing as I don't center my life around it, especially post-baby), but... if I'm being honest about the whole Italian lifestyle, it's worth mentioning.
  • F*cking
Italians do it.  Not that we don't.  They're just a little more open about the specifics.  I mean, you can't turn a corner in Rome (or any Italian city for that matter) without a phallus in your face.

Take David, for instance.

Finito.

PS - Be on the blog lookout for more about living Italian.
PPS - Reading back, this is the lame blog version of Under the Tuscan Sun
PPPS - It was totally unintentional!

Aksel's getting dressed up like Marcello (above) today.  Photos SOON!




Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com


4 comments:

  1. I LOVE THIS POST! The Italian F's! I love all 5. So true, great post!!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like your "addition" to the F list! LOL


    Stopping by from Bloggy Moms. Following you now with GFC under the name Tillmanator. Following on Twitter also. I don’t need a blog follow but I would appreciate a “like” at my FB page:

    http://www.facebook.com/halcyonshore

    Please make sure to “like” when signed in as a person rather than as a page. It doesn’t count if it’s not a person.

    Lynn Tillman

    ReplyDelete
  3. Very unique and cute post! Makes me want some Bucci de Bepo!
    I am your newest GFC follower and would love it if you could check out my blog.
    Have a wonderful day
    -Liz
    http://thecouponqueenbee.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  4. Sorry this is so late. Hope you had a good birthday! Following you from bloggy moms. Check out my blog: diaperderby.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts. I love 'em all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

avandia