Monday, March 21, 2011

Roger That!

Weatherman called for clear skies and a pleasant temperature top out of 85° on Saturday. 

So, we packed up the ol' truckster and went to the zoo. 

Sounds great, huh?

Aksel wore this blue rhino EGG number to the zoo.

Well...

The outing didn't go as planned, and my romantic fantasies of Aksel OOH-ing and AW-ing at the wildlife, didn't come to fruition, either. 

Suffice it to say, Aksel got spotty at the zoo.

No really, he broke out in hives, changed colors a few times (like Lopshire's character below), and demanded we leave ASAP.


He also requested immediate use of a Jolly Roger eye patch.

(For his water-y RED right eye.) 

And, he wasn't nice about it...

Sounds great, huh?

Roger asks, "Arrr! Ya Going to Enter?"

All dramatics aside, I made the BIG mommy mistake of applying adult sunscreen on Aksel's face.  I mean, I didn't think much of it? 

Silly me!

Without exaggerating, my boy was a MESS not 20 minutes in, and he rarely fusses at all.  He was in pain, and it was all my fault!

I felt terrible, but guess who won't make that mistake again? 

That's right, I will never forego purchasing BABY sunscreen again.  I will pay the extra money and go "NO TEARS!" from here on out.

Roger that!

So, the zoo didn't work out.  No big deal!  I've always got the circus to look forward to (coming on April 1st)!

In Charleston?  EGG baby selections are available at Sugar Snap Pea.

Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com


1 comment:

  1. Aww. That sucks. Lesson learned. I'm a new follower from Bloggy Moms. Really love your blog. The pictures are beautiful.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts. I love 'em all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

avandia