Saturday, April 30, 2011

HAIR's a Hair Story.



My boy, Curly, is finally getting a trim... his first haircut!  I'm suspect to think it won't come without tears (his and mine).

At 16 months though, it's time.  He's a shaggy little mess!

Over time, Aksel has sported numerous looks ranging from the ever-fashionable faux-hawk to the pleasant Pat Sajak (parted and side-combed)He's donned downy, patchy, curly, and cute.  So...

HAIR's a story for all ages:  Aksel's hair story from all ages.

(Photos spanning from six weeks to 16 months.)

      




This in-TRESS-ting story will continue with soon-to-follow behind-the-scene photos of Aksel's first haircut at Strawberry Blonde Salon.

In the meantime, don't forget to check out my low-entry, ongoing giveaways For Your Baby Bird (RV $35, Ends 5/1) and A $50 Land of Nod Gift Card Giveaway (Ends 5/11).

Oh, and I'd love to hear about your first haircut experiences...



Do you like my new "beatnik" buttons? 

If so, I created them at Picnik.com.  It was simple, too!  This great, easy-to-use editing program was made known to me at the ever-informative site, For the Love of Blogs.  

While you're at FTLOB, you should enter their Picnik giveaway

Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

8 comments:

  1. Awwwww... I so remember both of my boys' first haircuts! The oldest was about 20 months old and we were headed to a wedding. He cried and picked up a lock of his hair and pleadingly looked at me... "put it back... pleeeeeease put it back!" The younger boy was almost 2 and a half and one of the older kids got lice (think it was that older brother), Q-Man was a very active toddler and had bushes of curly blonde hair that I hadn't had the heart to cut since he was a total baldy forEVER! No way was I going to be able to nit-comb that mop... so I shaved his head! He was a champ about it until the next day... when he looked in the mirror :P

    Hope your cut goes uneventfully! But then there would be no interesting blog post ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi,

    I know you like to make new friends and acquire new followers, so i am inviting you to the Weekend Gathering Hops blog hop.

    No, i am not the main host for this hop. However, i was invited to be the guess host for this week.

    You too can have a chance to be the guess host by simply leaving a comment on BeautyBrite's blog page. I hope you will stop by the hop.

    Have an amazing weekend!!!!!!!

    Lioness-http://lionessrebirthorg.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  3. OMG~ he is so cute! Great pictures, I can't wait to see the haircut.

    ReplyDelete
  4. What a cutie! I love all the different looks and I'm sure he'll be just as adorable after the cut.

    My 4-year-old is great with haircuts, she has always sat stone still and just let them do it. My 2-year-old, on the other hand, hasn't yet been to a salon because she is far more active and crazy and, considering how much she screams when they even try to measure her head at the doctor, I know she'll freak out with scissors coming at her head. She'll just continue to be shaggy! :)

    ReplyDelete
  5. Your pictures are great, so is your little man's hair, but I am sure you will be surprised at how much you will like his new look.

    I was sad the first time I cut my little guys hair, but he was getting tangles and my daughter has endless amounts of hair, I can only handle so much combing.

    Enjoy,

    elena

    ReplyDelete
  6. Aww, your boy has such beautiful locks! I have 3 daughters but only 1 has had an official haircut. My oldest who's almost 6 yrs. old goes to the salon with mommy.

    My 3 yr. old is the only one with curly hair, and we've been waiting forever for it to finally get long. I am NOT cutting her hair or she'll wind up with a fro! LOL :p And my youngest is 19 mos. and could probably use a trim in the front since it's always getting in her eyes now.

    ReplyDelete
  7. LOVE LOVE all that hair! SOoo darling.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts. I love 'em all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

avandia