Friday, April 1, 2011

O'er the Table.

After a week-long spell of rain (and much cooler temperatures), I'm finally takin' my lil' bug outside to play!  Yippee!


But it should, in fact, turn out to be a whole weekend of good-time fun and laughter.  Card playing, too. 

I fail to mention, Grammy and Pop Pop (my in-laws) are on their way down, and boy do they play a mean game of Minnesota Pitch.

Thankfully, I'm something of a natural at the table.  The card table, that is.  I mean, ya don't go and get married by Elvis if ya stink at blackjack.  No really, I can barely play slapjack.  It just so happens, I run with it.  Meaning, I'm not afraid to take risks, or trash-talk. 


In all seriousness though, I've been constantly reminded, over the course of these past days, how important it is to spend quality time with those you love.  And, we (the Kohns) connect best o'er the table, a bottle of wine, and a tricky hand of cards. 

This (card playing) is a tradition I intend to carry on...

Vote For Us @ topbabyblogs.com Top Baby Blogs

7 comments:

  1. So true quality time is the best! LOVE the getting married by Elvis, that had to be exciting! (and fun ;))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for the kind words on my blog Let's Start Saving Now.

    Thanks for the follow, I am following you back.

    Kelli
    www.LetsStartSavingNow.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thank you for the follow! I love your blog and you are so pretty! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Two posts in and I am hooked! lol

    What a fun blog! Thanks for the fun comments over at my place ;-) Do read back a bit... your guess is close, but no cigar. lol I'll give you a second chance... The coneheads are a major clue. (big hint right there)

    ReplyDelete
  5. I am your newest follower from the Weekend Blog Hop! Cannot wait to read more! Hope to have you follow me back!
    http://divvyupdiva.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. The Kohns sounds like my kinda people - my hubby and I also connect over cards (or cribbage!) and a bottle of wine! :)
    Thanks for visiting "Mrs. No-No Knows"! I am now following you back! :) Hope you will stop back often and put in your two cents.
    Carla aka Mrs. No-No
    Mrs. No-No Knows

    ReplyDelete
  7. I LOVE your blog!! I like how your black background makes your pics pop! Thanks for stopping by mine. I am now a new follower.

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts. I love 'em all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

avandia