Monday, May 30, 2011

Mom Thumb.


I value my husband's opinion... selectively.  I'm not gonna lie.

However, the ol' hubs made a wise observation yesterday, and even I have to admit he's right.  (It feels unnatural though.)

But, here goes nothing...

So, we went to our local Outback Steakhouse for dinner last night.

While we waited patiently for our Bloomin' Onion to arrive, I encouraged Aksel to use his Joey crayons to color. 

As usual though, he struggled to properly grip the crayons, preferring instead, to clank them one against the other. 

Not to mention, the occasional bite.

So, being the artistic person in the relationship, and feeling it my responsibility to develop our child's artistic talents, I took lead in suggestively correcting Aksel's failed effort.

"Buggy," I said, "hold the crayon like this."

My husband interrupted immediately with a laugh, and said, "Aksel, listen to daddy.  Don't hold your crayon like mommy."

Forgetting, I looked down.  This is what I saw.


"Oops!  I'm Mom Thumb!" I said.  "Good call, Lovey." 

We then chuckled and ate more pumpernickel bread.  So, as I was saying, I value my husband's opinion...

PS - Enter this giveaway!  Ends tonight @ 11:59 PM EDT.

Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

3 comments:

  1. Too funny! Our oldest son, a leftie, was given all kinds of gadgets to hold his pencil properly in elementary school. He obliged but today, a 14 yr older, he has reverted to his original ways, and guess what? It is legible. Small kids small problems!

    Love your posts!
    Kimberly

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute story!

    I am a new follower from the Taste of T Blog Hop.
    Have a great Tuesday!

    Sarah
    http://uberlibrariana.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. so hard to admit when the hubs is right, i know!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts. I love 'em all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

avandia