Friday, May 20, 2011

Trust and Honest Tea.

Trust and honesty go hand in hand, right? 

Well then, you should trust Honest Tea and give it a try.  Or rather, Honest Kids by Honest Tea.

Personally speaking, I've been on the fence about giving my child juice for a while a now.  What with all the calories, carbohydrates and sugar, I've been wary.  Not to mention, the basic lack of nutritional value and vitamins.

Like any parent out there, I want the best for my child.

In saying this however, I've also wanted to give Aksel an opportunity to drink something besides just milk and water. 

And, I think I've found the perfect compromise between juice and water in Honest Kids.  For one, there's significantly less sugar.  By that I mean, nearly 50% less.  That's not including the difference in calories, carbohydrates, and sodium, either. 

Oh, and did I mention they're USDA Certified Organic?

That's right.  They are. 

What about the fact there's NO high fructose corn syrup?

Yep, again.

In fact, take a look at the nutritional information from one more popular juice company here compared to that of Honest Kids here

(Keep in mind we're comparing 6.75 oz servings.)

Goodness Grapeness, I know which product I'm buying every time!  


So you know, my idea to review Honest Kids (and their organic thirst quenchers) came to me a week or so ago, as I held my sick child on the couch.  I'm now embarrassed to admit (seeing as I'm a total sugar hypocrite), we were both eating Jelly Belly Red Apple Jelly Beans (my all-time favorite) and drinking Appley Ever After by Honest Kids. 

Justifying the occasion (in all its sugar badness), I thought to myself... An apple a day, keeps the doctor away.

PS - Don't forget my sweet Sundae HopLink-up tomorrow @ 7 PM.

Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

6 comments:

  1. Jelly Bellies are the best! I love pear myself. : )

    xo,

    Sarah

    ReplyDelete
  2. ooh, i'll have to look for these. parker's never had juice... i've just never been able to justify all the sugar/empty calories. but this sounds great!

    where did you find them?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I don't dislike pear either, Sarah! They're definitely in my top 5 favorite Jelly Belly flavors!

    Amy: To answer your question, I originally purchased Honest Kids at Costco. I got them at a really good price, too. (Nearly 40% off) When I returned to purchase more though, they were gone. The Costco attendant told me they carry the brand for only three months out of the year.

    Otherwise, I get them at my local grocery store, Harris Teeter. They should be everywhere though. Good luck!

    Baby Talk without the Babble

    ReplyDelete
  4. Brandii @ Baby ShopaholicsMay 21, 2011 at 8:00 PM

    oooh, I just happened to try some of this yesterday. They make juices for adults too, and they are really really yummy! Good Choice

    Brandii @ Babyshopaholics.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey, thanks for the info! I avoid high fructose corn syrup like the plague... my husband thinks I'm being ridiculous, but if he accidentally buys bread with it in, I won't eat it or feed it to my kids. Call me crazy, but I think that stuff messes with your body!

    Anyway, I am stopping by and following from the Sundae Hop! I write a humorous account of the joys, trials, and tribulations of motherhood at http://www.misadventuresinmotherhood.com.

    It's usually good for a chuckle, and sometimes even a snort or two! Thanks for hosting the hop!

    Smiles,
    Jenn

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks for the tip - having something for on-the-go is a life saver. We do 2/3 water and 1/3 juice. I know I should do straight water but well, I'm a pushover. :)

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts. I love 'em all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

avandia