Monday, June 6, 2011

The Three Little Pigs: A Financial Fairytale



Once upon a time, there were three little pigs.  Or rather, three little piggy banks.  There was momma pig, daddy pig, and baby pig.  And each one, had his own skills for saving.   So, it should be no surprise to say their fortunes were built of different make and style.

For instance, Momma Pig didn't save too much.  When she saw something she had to have, she gobbled gobbled gobbled as any greedy pig might.  With a pleasing OINK upon purchase, and a quick curl of her tail, her fortune was muddy, and weak at best.

On the flip side, Daddy Pig was conservative.  A boar, one might say.  In fact, he saved by day, and counted at night.  When he brought the bacon home, he didn't take one bite!  He'd repeat...

"A little piggly, needs room to wiggly... so save, I must must must, or Th-Th-Th-Th-Th... That's All Folks, it's bust bust bust!"

I forgot to mention...

In the great land of Moneyville, there roamed a ravenous, coin-hungry wolf who preyed on unsuspecting piggies (and their banks). 

"Little pig, little pig, let me buy," he'd say, "or I'll shop, and I'll drop 'til your fortune's run dry."

Now obviously, all the empty piggies were most at risk.  I mean, if Wolf came a' callin' and you had no savings, your bank was bust!

To be COIN-tinued...


Fairytale aside, the three pigs titled in the photo above, belong(ed) to each one of us, respectively.  In fact, my husband, Mark, made his in the early 80s!

I was just tickled to have all three in my possession, and wanted to share.  It's also safe to say that we (my husband and I) have different financial behaviors, but in fairness, they're not as opposed as my story depicts. 

In a relationship, money can be such a difficult topic to discuss, or come to terms with even.  My parents, for example, had a really hard time synergizing.  My father was the saver, and my mother, the spender.  It was, over time, a great point of distress in their marriage.  As a result, I've always been timid to discuss financials, to be honest about my purchases, etc.

I'm working on it though...

More important, we want to teach our child, Aksel, to have a good relationship with money, to know the value of a dollar earned, and to give when he's got plenty.  (Fingers crossed!)

PS - Many thanks to all that participated in my Sundae hop!

PPS -  Enter this giveaway before 11:59 PM EDT tonight!

 Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

3 comments:

  1. Great post...I am laughing, but I know how serious this issue is.

    Right on.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks for voting for me! I just voted for u too!!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts. I love 'em all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

avandia