Monday, July 4, 2011

Jellies, Jams and Bigfoot Slippers

I wore jellies, and my husband sported Jams.  In 1984, that is.  What can I say?  We were keeping with the times...

Fast forward some 25 years, and our progeny's wicked cool stompin' round in his bigfoot slippers.  His shoe of choice, might I add.

You'd think he was Max, or better yet, Aks, from Where the Wild Things Are... what with his heavy foot.  Not to mention, the way he gnashes all 18 of his terrible teeth, and rolls his terrible eyes at first whisper of the word, NO.

Did I mention, the way he roars his terrible roar

Come to think of it, could it be [dum, dum, dum]... the terrible twos?

But really, it's darling.  And for the time being, I feel like the wild thing, because I could eat him up... in all his knobby knee cuteness. 

Talk to me in six months though.  I might just be wishin' he could:

sail back over a year
and in and out of weeks
and through a day
In the meantime, here's his wild rumpus in Daddy's Jams.

Before I go, did I say I love this kid?

If you like this post, please give us a vote by clicking below.  C'mon, do it for the boy.

Click To Vote For Us @ Top Baby Blogs Directory!

7 comments:

  1. That pic with the shorts added is hilarious! Those slippers are so cute and the original version of the pic is absolutely adorable. Well, I had jellies in so many colors. They were the bomb! I think they're still struggling ot make a comeback.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute pictures with colorful shorts.

    ReplyDelete
  3. That was awesome--I never thought about that book that way and how one day I'll be hoping to go back in time to capture these little wild things!! I LOVE the slippers. So great! Thanks for linking up at Rub Some Dirt On It!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Adorable!

    Just coming over from Becky's (Rub Some Dirt On It) Happiness Is... blog hop to say hi!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Oh, I love this! Can we bring jellies back? I think someone needs to. Those slippers are to die for, and that photo with the jams is priceless. Happily following you from the Happiness Is hop! I would love it if you would stop by my blog and say hi, and maybe consider following me! :)

    Mandi
    http://boredombustingmommy.blogspot.com/2011/07/attack-of-pom-pom-monsters.html

    ReplyDelete
  6. <3 LOVE this post!!! <3
    Stopping with the Happiness Is... hop

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts. I love 'em all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

avandia