Sunday, September 18, 2011

Justin Rosé and the Golf Club Sandwich

Tomorrow, in honor of this year's British Open, I'm preparing my golf enthusiast husband a hole in one meal.  It's un- FORE -gettable...

For lunch, I'm serving:

Gillian's "GOLF CLUB" Sandwich

Recipe yields 1 serving

Ingredients:

3 slices bacon
2 slices Ciabata bread, pressed
2 tablespoons avocado with sea salt, black pepper and evoo
½ ounce alfalfa sprouts
3 slices (1 ounce) cooked deli turkey breast
3 slices (1 ounce) cooked deli honey ham
2 slices tomato
Red onion, thinly-sliced

Directions:

Place bacon in a heavy skillet.  Cook over medium high heat until evenly brown.  Drain on paper towels.

Spread each slice of Ciabata bread with avocado.  On one slice, place bacon, alfalfa sprouts, tomato, red onion, turkey and ham. Then top with the second slice of bread.

In keeping with the golf theme, I'm also serving "chip it in" chips with sweet chili and sour cream.  However, if you'd prefer a more healthy side, you could offer lightly-dressed greens instead.

For dessert, I'm serving:

Martha Stewart's "TEE-TIME" Cupcakes

And as a treat for myself, for working so hard, I think I'll have a glass (or two) of  "JUSTIN ROSÉ."

Have a great weekend!

Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

3 comments:

  1. Everything looks so good! Especially the sandwich! Avocado gets me every time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That looks awesome! Love the golf club sticking out of the sandwich and the cupcakes are super cute... great job. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Looks so yummy and mouth watering.Great job!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts. I love 'em all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

avandia