Thursday, August 4, 2011

Color Inspiration: Turquoise + Gold

Inspired by sand and sea, earth and sky, lovely gold and blue, I got married in a dress that wasn't white.  See below. 

Or maybe it was Elizabeth Taylor in Cleopatra?  My cause for dress inspiration.

No matter, this leads me to my topic... gold + turquoise in design.

I mean, the pairing, gold + turquoise, is an ancient one.  As old as time is long.  Not to mention, it's also pleasing, a perfect match.  

Could you imagine a brown sky and orange earth?  Probably not.

To take it a step further, why do people of all ages alike, seek out tropical destinations to relieve their tired minds, to vacation?

Now, I'm gonna go out on a limb here.  Correct me if I'm wrong. Could it be (drumroll) the gold + turquoise factor?

I think so.  So, here are a few of my g + t favorites in design:














What color combinations inspire you, and why?

Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

3 comments:

  1. I love all the turquoise and gold, I think turqouise and white is another great combo. Our favorite color combo is Purple and Gold because there are so many different shades to choose from lilac to yellow, dark purple to the color of butter, grape to sparkly gold...I love it all :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh I love turquoise and gold! My little one's nursery is turquoise and pink. Turquoise is my favorite color. Have a great weekend, Gillian!

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts. I love 'em all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

avandia