Friday, August 12, 2011

Debi's Kids: An Update

I've been talking about it for a while now... how I want to do my part and support causes that speak to me.  Read past posts



And one such cause, or issue rather, is the topic of literacy amongst our youth.  In particular, our poorest youth.

So, I've partnered with organizations like Debi's Kids and First Book.

I've also collected new books in my spare time and spare room.  But there's still more I want to do...

For instance, a new book for a kid in need serves no purpose if he (or she) has no one reading it to him (or her).

Therefore, it's my goal to find a worthy kid's group in my community, and organize a storytime.  In the meantime though, Debi's Kids is still collecting books at Charleston-area Barnes & Noble locations.  

But the book drive's coming to a close...  today's the last day!

Check out my recent interview (below) with Debi herself, and find out ways you can help (or just keep reading). 



To support the cause, you can:

  • Donate a new book for a child 12 and under, or
  • Purchase something in store or online from Barnes & Noble, referencing book fair number - 10524338 - to donate a portion of sales to Debi's Kids. (Valid August 1-12)
Note:  You can also directly send books to me c/o Debi's Kids. 




Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

No comments:

Post a Comment

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts. I love 'em all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

avandia