I received my newly-completed, first-ever Mixbook Photo Book in the mail yesterday. And boy was I excited!
By the way, it turned out pretty good!
Now, I have the task of reviewing my Mixbook experience...
To start, I would like to establish a few facts:
- I love photos!
- I only create 1-2 photo books per year.
- I'm willing to pay extra money for a high-quality product.
With that said, here are my thoughts - the pros and cons of Mixbook, in my opinion.
Mixbook photo books are very affordable!
Mixbook provides users an easy-to-use editing program, that boasts loads of customizing options. For instance, they offer countless background choices (although I prefer just black and white), stickers for nearly every occasion, and lots of layout formats for the photo-heavy clients like myself.
Not to mention, my dealings with associates at Mixbook have all been positive. And that's rare! Their staff is prompt and eager to assist.
Mixbook only offers two cover choices: Hardcover or softcover. And this is disappointing! For instance...
I would've loved, and paid for, a padded photo cover option.
So you know, I didn't originally think the hardcover would be all bad. But when I opened my Mixbook package, I was honestly unimpressed. Mainly with the feel of my photo book.
And that's sad, because I spent so much time on the content of my book. It's like trying to sell a beautiful house with zero curb appeal.
I mean, I traditionally create only one photo book per year (two at the very most), and given they're primarily intended as gifts (for grandparents), I'm willing to pay more for a product that wows.
But despite my criticism, the paper quality of my photo book wasn't bad. There was, in fact, a nice sheen to each page.
Overall, my Mixbook experience was good. It could've been great had I been given a few more options. (3 out of 5)
Anyhow, enter now to win (1) 20-page, 11x8.5" landscape, hardcover photo book with free US Ground Shipping courtesy of Mixbook.
* Up to six ways to enter (leave a comment for each entry):
- "VOTE" for Baby Talk without the Babble by clicking on the TopBabyBlogs icon below. (2 ENTRIES)
* You can "VOTE" one time in 24 hours. Just leave a comment for each day/entry.
5. "TWEET" this post by clicking on the icon below.
6. "SHARE" this post by clicking on the icon below.
Remember: You MUST leave a comment for each entry!
- Contest will be open until 11:59 PM EDT on August 22, 2011.
- Contest winner must have a US or Canadian mailing address.
- The winner will be randomly selected (from random.org) and announced online. Please check back to see if you won, or leave your email address with comment. The winner will then need to provide their name and shipping address by contacting: firstname.lastname@example.org