Thursday, October 13, 2011

Aksel's Halloween Adventure | A Review

My little goblin loves a good book!  (But what kid doesn't?)

So I was thrilled to receive Aksel's Halloween Adventure, a personalized story, courtesy of First Time Books.


I thought, "Spoo-ooky!  A story starring Aks.  How cool!"

Not to mention, I was tickled to include, as characters in said story, names of Aksel's closest friends.


But the novelty only goes so far, folks.

Grant it, the story is delightful, and I know my boy will enjoy reading it in years to come, I don't think the product is worth $20.  And we're just talking softcover.

(A hardcover copy costs $30.)

As a point of criticism too, I really think publishers/editors should modify the cover name font.  I felt Aksel's name was diminutive in comparison to the rest.  If I purchased this book for my child, or as a gift, I would be disappointed in how generic it looks.

On a positive note, I'm thankful to share this story with my little bug, at my favorite time of the year.

Vote For Us @ TopBabyBlogs.Com - A Top Baby Blog List By topbabyblogs.com

2 comments:

  1. Hello there following you on Friday blog hop.. have you added you to my life hope you could also return the favor. Have a great day. Here are my url:
    http://singlemotheronthego.blogspot.com/
    http://freethoughts.info/
    http://www.traveltomydreams.com/

    I will be checking back and hop to the other blogs to say Hi as well.
    See yeahh

    ReplyDelete
  2. New Follower from Blog hop till you drop. Hoping you will follow back! =0)
    My Crazy Life

    ReplyDelete

Thanks for taking time to share your thoughts. I love 'em all!

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
 

avandia